Wednesday, January 25, 2012

YES I DID IT, BUT WITHOUT HASSELS-HARENDRA

Yes I did leave Swarnavahini but on my own accord without conflicts with the Management:
Although there were minor conflicts what had been disclosed in the web sites are all wrong

: HARENDRA

My resigning from Swarnavahini is the gospel truth. Although I left on my own accord.The stories that were unfolded in the various web sites are totally incorrect. The true story had been disclosed by the Head of the news division, Harendra Jayalal at an interview published in today’s ‘Lakbima’ paper. He had disclosed that he will not join any other TV channel but he had already planned to commence his own Academy by the end of this month. Anyway he will continue to present the popular Poya day programme”Ama Dhara” as a free lance presenter and not as an employee of Swarnavahini
The full newspaper interview is appended below:

When you resigned from the Swarnavahini there was a lot of Gossip spread in web sites as it was due to unresolved conflicts you have had with the Management of the Swarnavahini institution?.
The web site information are all wrong. It is true that I resigned as it was in my mind for some time and commence my own Academy for TV presenters. I had served Swarnavahini for 10 long years. I thought for myself that I would become stale and would be disliked by viewers and provide an opportunity for a talented youngster in my place for him too to be groomed as a competent presenter.
I was given the chair as the Head of the news division 3 years ago. I had the intention and was determined to make the Swarnavahini news channel the best in Sri Lanka. Within this period my main motive and goal was to make the Swarnavahini TV news channel the best in Sri Lanka. But I was able to accomplish my desired results much earlier in just 6 months. I was planning to resign when I was at the helm. I was thinking for some time, planning in launching and forming my own Academy after leaving Swarnavahini to groom talented youngsters. It was mot my desire  to stagnate and stay at one place as people would start to dislike me hanging on without seeing new talented youngsters performing. With my future plans well laid and about get off the blocks I tendered my resignation last week.
But the reports that were in the Media, particularly in web sites is that I had tendered my resignation purely owing to conflicts I had with the Management.
This is all untrue. I never had any sorts of conflicts with the Management. The EAP group as a whole did not like at all about my tendering the resignation. The Chairperson Soma Edirisinghe and all the Directors disliked my leaving and even made a plea for me to continue with my good work which all of them highly appreciated.
Since my decision was purely to better my prospects and to groom talented youngsters in this field they were helpless and also i could not change my decision I had taken some time back. As it was my sole discretion they had to tender my letter of resignation. If I had left in regard to my status, position or issues in regard to my salary they had a chance to make a plea in regard to my resignation. In that case they would have definitely  had negotiations with me in order to revert my drastic decision.
I have told them that my services or valuable advice is always available to them if needed. All what I earned from the Swarnavahini TV channel is that I was afforded the opportunity to exhibit my talents to the maximum. What was stated in numerous web sites that my resignation was mainly due to numerous conflicts I have had with the Management is totally incorrect interpretations.

After leaving Swarnavahini have you got any lucrative offers from other TV channels?
Although I am not an employee of the Swarnavahini Tv channel i will continue to be the presenter of the Poya Day “AMA DHARA” programme as a free lancer. But to work in any capacity in any other TV channel I have no idea at all.

Did you feel sorry for leaving “Swarnavahini”?
This is question posed to me by many of my close associates. I appreciated every bit of work I contributed to the Swanavahini. I was recognised by so many and I made a household name for myself without the slightest doubt. There were no misunderstands and I am very happy having left with a clear conscience. I derived an immense amount of satisfaction as I without any hesitation convey to all that I very humbly contributed hugely on the duties entrusted to me for the enhancement of the standards of the institution.

You had left Swarnavahini to launch on a new project with the honest intention of grooming talented announcers.
Yes. I had made all arrangements to commence a new project with the launching of “BEST VOICE MEDIA ACADEMY”. It has been already planned and is due to be opened on the 28th of this month. I had noticed that when new presenters were interviewed I had observed that they only needed to become just presenters only. To develop innate talents hardly anyone had made attempts. But I have studied their attitudes and know well the qualities they should possess. There are various requisites needed to develop the talents already instilled within them. My sole intention is to develop their innate talents and abilities further through research and perseverance. Once they accomplish these features they could walk into any interview without fear and succeed having the needed confidence. This would in the manner I developed my skills while working at the Swarnavahini. I am prepared and equipped to implement my proposed goals and tasks from the bottom of my heart very intentionally.

The interview Letter published in today’s Lakbima paper by Kishan Kanange.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design By GossipDotBlog