Tuesday, January 10, 2012

If you sleep with dogs you are bound to get up with ‘ticks’- MERVYN

The Kelaniya people had to live abiding to a code of law and ethics of Minister Mervin Silva. Now he has been properly betrayed by his own supporters accusing of taking bribes from businessmen and had been strongly challenged. The Chairman of the Pradeshiya Sabawa and other officials has brought to light via the media about the enormous amount of bribes he had taken. This was highlighted and exposed to the Media openly. To these allegations Mervin Silva had reacted and aired his views and retaliated in his usual inimitable style. In front of the Media he had boldly said that if these allegations are proved he is willing  even to be hung. What he said was......

“Dangagaye danduwan siumalinum alugosuwane ellapan( a clip from a song sung in a film by Wijaya Kumaranatunga while in prison)...........When you sleep with dogs you invariably get up with ‘ticks’. That is what had really happened to me. Many people could never be like me. But I have looked after them to lead very comfortable lives. The results of by good doings are now following me. I am a strong personality. I am having a stronger strength than a dog. This time they have provoked me to get returns......Then I will have to stripped in front of the Media......Some may be having such intentions. I will not worry a bit and get excited. Anyone is free to prove that I have taken bribes? I am prepared to even be hanged if these allegations are proved, also if i am wrong any one is at liberty to assault me.”


Watch Video...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design By GossipDotBlog